Dumbells are among the most useful of all the workout equipment. We use them for a wide range of exercises and they can be used to work on almost any muscle group, making them the perfect piece of exercise equipment to have at home.
Dumbbells come in all shapes and sizes and can be found weighing from 5 pounds, often used by the elderly to keep themselves active up to hundreds of pounds used by professional bodybuilders. While the smaller dumbbells are often fixed in weight, many dumbbells are made adjustable to support greater and lower weights which allows multiple people to use them for various exercises, saves space and saves you having to search for just the right dumbbell every time you want to do a new exercise.
The 5 Best Selling Adjustable Dumbbells:
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
- SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - 105 LBS TOTAL (52.5 LBS EACH SIDE): TWO 16"x1.15" handles, SIXTEEN 5-pound plates, FOUR 2.5-pound plates, FOUR...
- CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES FIT 1.15-INCH STANDARD BAR: Accommodate all standard 1.15-inch handles. Durable cast iron plates covered with black...
- 16-INCH DIAMOND KNURLED CHROME HANDLE: Constructed of high-quality, textured chrome handle for secure, firm, and non-slip grip
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH LOOSE-RESISTANT RUBBER TRIMS: Threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate...
- EASY USE & STORAGE: Take seconds to assemble and take out. Compact, convenient, and easy to use and store. All-for-one dumbbells eliminate...
- 30 dumbbells in one set; unlimited workout options
- Weight increments: 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 32.5, 35, 40, 42, 5, 45, 50, 52.5, and 55 lb
- Storage trays provide easy storage
- High quality materials; durable and lasting construction
- Smooth selector System; quickly move from one workout to the next
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Has a weight range of 5-50 lbs per hand
- Is expandable later to 70 and again to 90 pounds per hand.
- Made in USA
- 10 year home use warranty
- High Quality Cast Iron, Chrome Handles
- 52.5Lbs Set Including One Textured Solid Chrome Handle, Two Collars(5lbs), Eight 5 Lbs Plates, Two 2.5Lbs PLates, Two 1.25Lbs Plates
- 105Lbs Set is Two of Above 52.5Lbs Sets;Easy to Set up and no Tools Required
- Collars and Handles are Threaded for a Secure Fit; Plates are Made from Durable Cast Iron
- Can Be Set Up in Increments of 2.5 lbs (Adjustable from 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs for Each Dumbbell)
Our Selection of the 5 Best Adjustable Dumbbells:
Adjustable dumbbells are exceptional in value as the weight on them can be adjusted by applying various disks to the central bar. The plates can be slid on and off the bar and secured with clips, allowing you to adjust the weight for the various exercises you may want to do. Here are the best five adjustable dumbbells you can order today to start your home workout routine:
This pair of dumbbells by Bowflex can be easily adjusted in 2.5 pound increments to anywhere between 5 and 52.5 pounds. 15 sets of weights are combined using a unique dial system to make for an ultimate dumbbell which allows you to switch between exercises and muscle groups within seconds. The extreme adjustability of these dumbbells will let you save tons of space, which will be especially useful if you are using them at home. They come with a two year warranty as well, meaning you will be safe in case of any flaws by the manufacturer.
These fairly standard and straight forward dumbbells can carry up to 52.5 pounds each. The dumbbells are shipped in different weights allowing you to order higher or lower weights depending on your personal needs. With durable steel plates and threaded collars and handles, these dumbbells will make a perfect addition to your home gym. The dumbbells are made of high quality cast iron with solid chrome handle, making them extremely durable and compact.
A set of two adjustable dumbbells of 105 pounds in total weight allows you to adjust the particular weight to extreme lengths containing plates between 5 and 1.25 pounds. Coming at an affordable price and great adjustability, this set will be a great budget solution to start working out today. The dumbbells are made of high quality cast iron, durable and are extremely simple to set up and adjust.
Slightly more expensive, this elite set of dumbbells comes equipped with a maximum of 50 pounds per dumbbell in its original form and is expandable all the way up to 90 pounds per dumbbell. If you are a more experienced lifter looking for bigger dumbbells for more advanced exercises, this set will fit right into your needs. These dumbbells offer the most adjustability on our list and can replace dozens of other dumbbells, saving valuable space. They also come with a generous 10 year warranty, giving you peace of mind in case of any irregularities with the equipment.
Another elite dumbbell available for purchase as a single item. This dumbbell allows you to adjust the weight to anywhere between 10 and 90 pounds with a simple dial twist, allowing you to perform anything from the simplest beginner exercises to advanced lifts with any muscle groups. This is probably the best and most comprehensive dumbbell you can own, and while it may cost a bit more, it will be there for you to use for many years.
The range of exercises that can be done with dumbbells is nearly infinite. From biceps, triceps, chest and leg muscles, dumbbells can be used to work on any muscle group quite effectively. Unlike many gym machines that isolate particular muscles, dumbbell exercises usually end up working the aimed muscle, but also several supporting muscles, which allows you to get more work done in the same period of time.
While dumbbell exercises can be great parts of a workout routine, they are very easy to get wrong. Since you will be using a dumbbell and there is no machine to keep you in proper form, it is really easy to be tempted into cheating and using support muscles to do most of the work once your main muscle gets tired. While it is ok to use support muscles to some degree, using improper form can lead to both poor results and injury.
Dumbbell exercises make you the most susceptible to injuries of any other exercises due to the fact your body is not fixed and you may move your muscles practically any way you choose. Even picking dumbbells up and putting them back down after an exercise has been known to lead to substantial injuries, so when using dumbbells make sure you are on your A game and extra careful.
Bowflex vs PowerBlock Dumbbells:
No matter what your level of experience and your needs, the list contains everything from cheap simple dumbbells, to advanced and pricier dumbbells for professionals. If you are just starting out, simpler and lighter dumbbells will often be a great choice, while the most advanced of the bodybuilders may need an all in one solution for the dozens of different exercises they do.
This means you will have a wide range of factors to look at when choosing which dumbbells to purchase and the choice will be entirely up to you. But remember this, while buying a fixed 20 pound dumbbell now may seem like a good solution, this dumbbell may become nearly useless some time down the line as you progress. This is where adjustable dumbbells excel, as they allow you to increase the weight as you advance in your quest to that perfect physique.