Treadmills are among the most useful workout equipment as they allow you to burn more calories and maintain a lean physique compared to other equipment such as step mills. However, choosing one that fits your needs can be an odious task since manufacturers have released numerous models to suit a large variety of individual needs.
Price can easily be mistaken for the most important factor to consider, but they types of workouts you want to use the treadmill for, the space available for your home gym, durability, and the power of the motor are what you should use to narrow the list during your search.
The 5 Best Selling Home Treadmills 2017:
- Space saver design. This treadmill can fold up.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Two-position incline.
- Comfortable cushioning.
- Treadmill safety key:It can work easy and quick on most treadmills requiring a round treadmill safety key.
- Strong Clip:It can easily clamp to any part of your clothing and it's strong to hold.
- Size:Cord Length: 81cm,Diameter of magnet shell: 2.2cm,Diameter of magnet: 1.3cm.
- Fits for most treadmill:Fit to a wide variety of treadmill brands.
- Good Service:We will solve it well for you if you have any problem.
- Perfect size and folding design great for home use and contains rolling wheels on the bottom providing simple transport.
- Multi-functional display that allows user to track progress in speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned.
- An extremely low noise motor and a safety emergency stop key for your safety, specially pleasant design including safe and convenient.
- Excellent deck provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which helping your muscles recover faster from workout.
- Offers built-in workout programs for varied workout
- 9 preset workouts to vary your routine
- 2.20 Peak Horse Power drive system
- 3-position manual incline
- Maximum weight capacity: 220 lbs.
- 5 PRESET SPEEDS- Treadmill is built with an 800W motor with a speed range of .5-7.5 mph. Conveniently adjust between .5, 2.0, 4.0, 5.5, 7.5...
- 3 WORKOUT PROGRAMS- Choose a workout program with 3 different combinations of speed and time: P1, P2, P3
- INTERACTIVE CONSOLE AND HANDLES- Monitor your progress with featured mode programs: distance, scan, speed, time, and calorie counts. Handles...
- WATER BOTTLE & MEDIA STORAGE- Control console is designed with 2 water bottle holders and a media shelf for tablets, books, and phones
- PORTABLE DESIGN- Treadmill is ideal for homes with limited space with its body that is easy to fold and roll away after use; SAFETY KEY...
Based on the previously mentioned factors, here are our picks for the 5 best home treadmills on the market today.
BeTheBro’s top picks:
1. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
Launched in 2012, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill was clearly designed for apartment dwellers or those with little space for a home gym going by its folding, space saving design. Its workout features include a user-friendly console with evenly spaced controls for easy management. The screen clearly indicates your speed, time elapsed calories burned and your odometer’s readings. It also allows you to choose from 6 pre-set workout programs designed to meet varied needs and ultimately help you achieve your workout goals.
It is powered by a 2.25HP motor that will power all your medium to light workout sessions with ease, making it one of the best for beginners who are still weighing their fitness. Moreover, it doesn’t make a lot of noise when running so you can easily listen to the television over the belt drive. The running belt itself is adjustable and fairly wide at 16 inches x 50 inches so you don’t have to be wary of stepping out while enjoying your jog.
Overall, the machine is easy to set up, fold away and clean, and this easy management makes it an affordable delight for newbies and other users looking for a replacement for their old treadmills.
2. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
The ProForm 505 CST is a good mid range treadmill that offers a sturdy design and a range of innovative features designed to help you get the most out of every workout. It safely handles users up to 350 lbs and can be folded and stored away from useful living space when not in use. The running belt is powered by a 2.5 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial Motor that stays cool throughout the toughest workouts and creates high levels of inertia for a smooth powerful feel. Moreover, Proform used 1.9 inch precision-machined non-flex rollers that decrease belt tension, keeping wear and tear to a minimum. This also helps reduce noise and improves grip.
Monitoring your progress is vital, and the ProForm 505 CST makes this easy thanks to a large LCD window that displays your mileage, speed, calorie burn, workout time and reading from the KG™ heart rate monitor. You can use the screen to select from 18 professionally designed training programs to select a workout that suits your needs or fitness level. If you are into incline training, then you are in luck as the505 CST offers fully powered automatic 0–10% Quick Incline™ adjustability to help you give your legs the best possible workout.
Proform’s has always prioritized comfort, and this is evident from the Proshox cushioning used below the belt to absorb shock and save your joints from impact. The tread belt is also quite roomy at 20″ x 55″ so you won’t feel confined during your workout. Now you can enjoy a challenging workout focused in on your goals.
3. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
This medium range home treadmill is one of Nordick’s most inexpensive models. It is a folding model that uses the patented space saver design with EasyLift Assist technology and features a 2.6 HP continuous duty motor that can accommodate users weighing up to 300 lbs. The 20 x 55 inch tread belt is equipped with Flexselect cushioning that can be turned on and off depending on your comfort needs.
The console features a small 5 inch LED with a track view display to help you keep track of your speed, time, distance, calories burned and odometer readings from the dual grip CradioGrip heart rate monitor. It allows you to choose from 20 inbuilt workout programs and you can also download more programs from iFit if you are subscribed to the program. Moreover, the treadmill can be inclined up to 10 percent and the speed tops out at 10mph.
You can listen to your music from your mp3/iPod via the two compatible speakers as you work out but there is no USB charger. . A few users find the motor a little noisy but this shouldn’t matter if you are in a space where you don’t have to listen to anything else. Besides, you can drown it out with the MP# player.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is a great choice if you in the market for a budget-friendly treadmill to start out with. This model isn’t designed for professional runners, but it won’t despite home users looking to keep trim all year round.
4. Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill
This is a no-frills, sturdily built treadmill that is likely to appeal to those on a tight budget and do not have much space to dedicate to their fitness equipment. While running at full speed isn’t possible due to the relatively weak 1.5HP motor, this is to be expected given the machine’s low price. However, it is good enough for runners and joggers. On the plus side, the motor isn’t noisy, unless you overwork the treadmill.
The LCD display is rather basic as it doesn’t present a graphical representation of the workout; however it still provides feedback for time, distance, speed and calories burned but you can only choose from 3 workout programs so you are not exactly spoiled for choice in this respect.
The tread belt measures out at 38.5 x 14 inches, which is sufficient for people who are just a little over 6 feet, but taller individuals might find it uncomfortable to workout out as they long legs translate to long strides. While there is not cushioning, but the impact felt isn’t great, especially considering that you wouldn’t be able to run at full speed in the first place.
The Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill is space friendly and at just 53 lbs, quite light for a treadmill. The folding design provides for easy storage while the leg wheels make it easy to move the treadmill around.
5. Lifespan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
the TR1200i folding treadmill gives you full command of every aspect of your fitness. The 20 X 56 inch tread belt is perfect for walking, jogging or running at full speed and is supported by six compression shock absorbers to cushion your back, knees and joints from impact. To keep track of your workout, the treadmill comes with a large LCD display that provides workout data that includes time, distance, heart rate, incline, speed, steps taken. Etc. All these are automatically recorded and you can use a USB thumb drive to transfer them to you Club account for periodic monitoring.
You can use the console to select from 21 workout programs designed with input from physiologists to expedite your progress. It also has a heart rate monitor and an audio center with speaker and a headphone plug in so you can listen to music from your device as you exercise.
The 2.5 HP motor was designed for longevity and performance so you can rest assured that you’re getting the strongest, most durable piece of technology available. The steel frame is precision engineered to handle every type of exercise and 6 compression shock absorbers support the deck and provide responsive cushioning for your back, knees and joints.
Storage is easy as it folds to fit in small spaces, as is moving the treadmill thanks to the bottom wheels. While you are bound to overheat trying the more intensive workout programs you can plug one alongside the treadmill to keep cool.
Price: $870 -$920