Whey protein, also referred to as a complete protein because it contains all the essential amino acids, is produced during the cheese-making process. When the cheese producers add a certain enzyme to the milk it separates the milk into curds (from which cheese is made) and whey protein. The whey protein naturally occurs in milk and makes up around 20% of each milk part.
The “wet whey protein” is then treated and dried, before being put in containers and shipped all around the world. So how does this help you choose the best organic whey protein? Well, to get organic whey protein, you need to look at how the milk was produced. To get to the milk, you need to look at the cow. Organic whey protein thus is a whey protein made from the milk of an organically fed, hormone free cow.
Top Ten Best Selling Organic Whey Protein:
Here we’ve listed 10 of the best organic whey proteins currently on the market.
- USDA ORGANIC WHEY PROTEIN POWDER sourced exclusively from family-owned farms in California and bottled in the U.S.A.
- 100% GRASS FED WHEY which is also grass finished. Gluten-free, Non-GMO, processed without acid or bleach, rBGH/rBST hormone-free,...
- UNDENATURED WHEY PROTEIN minimally processed to preserve the delicate nutrients found in natural whey protein powder.
- THE ONLY CERTIFIED PALEO FRIENDLY WHEY PROTEIN. Certified by the Paleo Foundation
- RAW ORGANIC GRASS FED WHEY PROTEIN is superior because it preserves the micro-factors and co-nutrients present in the milk such as healthy...
- ONE INGREDIENT ONLY: USDA ORGANIC WHEY PROTEIN POWDER sourced exclusively from family-owned farms in California and bottled in the U.S.A.
- 100% GRASS FED WHEY PASTURE-RAISED YEAR-ROUND. Gluten-free, Non-GMO, processed without acid or bleach, rBGH/rBST hormone-free,...
- 20 GRAMS UNDENATURED WHEY PROTEIN minimally processed to preserve the delicate nutrients found in natural whey protein powder.
- THE ONLY CERTIFIED PALEO WHEY PROTEIN. Certified by the Paleo Foundation
- RAW ORGANIC GRASS FED WHEY PROTEIN is superior to organic whey protein isolate because it preserves the micro-factors and co-nutrients...
- ONLY 1 INGREDIENT: 100% Pure Grass Fed whey protein from the milk of jersey cows that graze freely on lush, green pastures year round. These...
- Highest Quality, Cold Processed, NON-GMO, A2 Milk, Soy Free, rBGH/rBST Hormone Free, Gluten Free, Grass Fed, Heavy Metal Free
- No added sweeteners, preservatives or fillers & NO SOY lecithin. Processed WITHOUT acid or bleach
- Sourced 100% from US Sustainable Small Farms. Cow's diet consists of a variety of wild grasses and clover - producing milk rich in omega-3s...
- These qualities make now sports' whey protein - unflavored - certified organic an ideal supplement for active individuals
- Free of rbgh and antibiotics
- All natural - no aspartame, no sucralose, no acesulfame-k
- Includes 1 (2.03lb) Organic Plant Based Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Power
- Ideal for healthy, on-the-go nourishment for busy professionals, moms, athletes and students
- 21g Organic Plant Based Protein, 5g Organic Fiber, 5g Net Carbs, 150 Calories per Serving
- Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy Free
- USDA Organic
- Made with real Bourbon vanilla
- At least 20 grams of protein per serving
- Low in carbohydrates from real ingredients and low glycemic stevia means your blood sugar will not spike
- NSF Certified ingredients and label claims
- Sourced from grass-fed cows
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Gluten free and lactose reduced
- Sweetened with Stevia
- HIGH PROTEIN: 21 grams of easy-to-digest, muscle-building protein in a delicious chocolate flavor
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Help refuel and repair your muscles with a clean nutritional shake and get back in the gym faster
- PROTEIN POWDER WITH PROBIOTICS: Tasty, smooth protein shake with 2 billion CFU probiotics and 4.7g of Branched-chain amino acids for easy...
- PROTEIN POWDER: 130 calorie organic whey protein is produced from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows; right and robust free
- ORGANIC: Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, California Grass Fed, American Humane Certified
- Certified Organic Whey Protein Powder - Organic is legally regulated and enforced term so insist that your whey is Certified Organic by the...
- Grass-Fed - only from cows that graze outside on Organic grass pastures in the USA
- One Ingredient Only - no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, preservatives, hormone treatments, fillers, preservatives, soy or GMOs
- A True No-Compromise Protein - a certified Organic whey protein powder, grass-fed, no additives - a protein you can trust
- Delicious and Nutritious - great natural taste and smooth texture, 24g of protein per serving, packed with nutrients
There’s a lot of debate about the technical difference between conventional whey protein (due to it being derived from milk as a protein isolate) and organic whey protein, but the consensus among regular consumers of organic whey protein is that it’s easier to digest and doesn’t leave them feeling bloated. If you’re concerned about what is in the supplement, organic is the best route to go to rule out most of the bad stuff. If it’s a moral choice and you’re concerned about the ethical treatment of animals, the organic route is the best route to go.
Ultimately, as with most supplements, it’s a personal choice, as in this case the actual amount of protein you’ll get into your system will be very similar.