All pictures are the property and copyright of their respective owners. This site typically displays images as part of blog posts. The types of images editors are authorized to use on BeTheBro.com include:
* Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
* Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
* Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
* Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
* Images commissioned by BeTheBro.com
* Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
1. The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody)
2. The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy vs creative works)
3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution images used for no more than to convey the point made)
4. The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
If BeTheBro.com receives notice that an image posted is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the Comments section where it is posted, we reserve to right to remove that image.
If however you feel any copyrighted works you own have been infringed, you can, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, file a take down request or simply contact us here – support[at]bethebro.com.
We will normally remove any infringing copyrighted works within 48 hours.