If you want to get those ripped abs you need to do more than eat right and take the right supplements. You need to continuously exercise your abdominal muscles just like you would the rest of your body. Below is 5 really easy ab exercise you can do anywhere and it won’t take you more than 10 minutes. Yeap, it’s a lady in the pictures, but these exercises work as good for men as they do for women.
1. Mountain Climber
WORKS: ABS, BACK, LEGS, ARMS
1. Start in a push-up position, hands flat on the floor and below your shoulders, legs extended behind you. Your body should be straight.
2. Bend your right leg and bring it in toward your chest, then straighten it and return to starting position. Repeat with your left leg. Alternating legs, slowly do as many as you can for 60 seconds, making sure to keep your hips and butt low.
2. Side Hip Drop
WORKS: WAIST, BACK, HIPS, SHOULDERS
1. Lean on your left elbow with your body, right arm raised. (Your elbow should be directly below your shoulder.) Extend your right (top) leg as you lift your body and bend your left leg behind you, keeping it on the ground.
2. Lower your hips a few inches, then lift back up. Slowly do as many small dips as you can for 30 seconds, then switch over to your right side and repeat.
3. Arrow Arm Crunch
WORKS: ABS, WAIST
1. Start on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Focus on using your abs to lift your upper body off the floor as you straighten your arms and bring your hands together (like an arrow pointing to the center of your legs).
2. Reach to the left side, then back to the center, then to the right side and back to the center. Repeat for 30 seconds, rest, then do another 30-second set.
4. Leg Lift
WORKS: LOWER ABS, WAIST
1. Lie on your back and sit up on your elbows. Place your hands under your hips to support your lower back. Lift your legs off the floor as you bend your right knee and straighten the left. Your body should form a wide V.
2. Keeping your right knee bent, lower both of your legs a few inches and then lift back up. (The farther down you go, the more challenging it will be.) Slowly do as many as you can for 30 seconds, then bend your left knee, straighten your right leg and repeat.
5. Side Squat Reach
WORKS: ABS, WAIST, SHOULDERS, BACK, THIGHS
1. Step out into a wide squat with your feet turned out and your knees bent. (Make sure that your knees don’t go over your toes.) Keep your upper body straight up as you raise your right arm and reach over to your left side.
2. Bring your arm back down as you reach over to your right with your left arm. Repeat this side-to-side motion for 60 seconds.