The elliptical bike is one of the most popular fitness machines, as it simulates walking upstairs and is used by athletes to get cardiovascular exercise. When it comes to muscles, the main strain on the elliptical is aimed at the leg muscles, but some other muscle groups such as abs are also impacted.
The 5 Best Elliptical Bikes:
- 2-in-1 fitness machine with settings for elliptical trainer and exercise bike dual usage
- High-momentum fan blade flywheel system for smooth, fluid movement
- Easily adjust resistance level with the turn of a knob with minimal impact on joints
- Electronic console tracks your time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- Patented 3-in-1 Multi-function Design (Elliptical Trainer, Upright Stationary Cycle, and Recumbent Bike...
- Hassle-free Transitions without unmounting or adjusting hardware
- Electronic Computer Console tracks your: Calories Burned / Time / Speed / Distance
- Three (3) Sets of Integrated Handlebars to choose from: 1. U-shaped (fixed frontal with Built-in...
- TWO IN ONE PATENTED TECHNOLOGY DESIGN provides versatile functions as both an Elliptical Trainer and...
- HASSLE-FREE ADJUSTMENTS to switch from mode-to-mode and includes workout DVD to guide you through the...
- DELUXE PROGRAMMABLE LCD CONSOLE features 12+ preset workout programs including: heart rate driven...
- TWO WAY ADJUSTABLE SEAT for optimum workout position and biomechanics to maximize movement and comfort...
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated...
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of...
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a...
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable...
- Large LCD window, smr silent magnetic resistance, 16 digital resistance levels, soft grips upper body...
- 15 inch elliptical Stride, target pacer, oversized adjustable pedals, Inertia Enhanced flywheel, water...
- Transport wheels, EKG grip Pulse
- 350 pound Weight capacity
The main aim of most people when using elliptical, similar to a treadmill or recumbent bike is to lose weight and stay in good condition, allowing them to perform other activities such as lifting or sports more effectively.
The 5 Best Home Elliptical Bikes:
To help you pick, we’ve listed and reviewed the 5 best elliptical bikes currently on the market, in each price category.
1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Bike – Like a Spaceship
A more professional machine, the Schwinn 430 allows for a number of advanced options. The machine comes with 22 pre-programmed plans and fantastic progress tracking possibilities. The LCD monitor on the machine will let you monitor up to 13 different feedbacks while the 20 resistance levels provided by this elliptical make sure it is a great machine for beginners and professional athletes alike.
The machine also comes with a USB charging port which, while a minor feature, may come in really handy when your iPhone or mp3 player is running low and you need music to get you going.
One of the best things about Schwinn 430 is how detailed the reporting is. The goal tracking and data export system will let you keep up to date with your workout routine and you will always know how far along you are to the goals you have set for yourself.
2. Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical Bike – Affordable, Easy
Another simpler solution, the Exerputic 1000Xl is great for home gyms or small local gyms. The machine features 8 levels of tension resistance, allowing you to vary your workout routines, while a standard LCD monitor will show you the usual stats such as distance, calories burnt and time spent using.
This elliptical boasts its extremely quiet operation, which will let you watch TV and burn calories at the same time in the comfort of your bedroom. For those of us who don’t want to or can’t get the time to go down to the gym on a daily basis, this contraption is a fantastic and affordable solution.
3. Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical Bike – Value for Money
Another very affordable elliptical machine that allows you to adjust the strap tension and lets you perform rhythmical motions with no stress to the joints. The addition of a dual-action workout lets you also work your upper body, namely your arms, while you perform cardio. This means you will be performing leg and arm exercises and burning fat all at the same time.
The machine also comes with a display that shows you distance, time and speed, as well as an estimate of calories, burnt and at an extremely affordable price, this machine will be fantastic value for your money.
4. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer – Space Saver
This is a very simple elliptical machine. It consists of a simple two-pedal system that allows you to do cardio in a limited space with good efficiency. The product comes with an electronic display showing strides per minute, total strides, calories burnt and other workout factors. The machine also features no-slip design pedals and very sturdy construction, which combined with a very low price will make for one of the best options for a home gym.
5. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Bike – Powerful
To top off our list, we chose a really professional and advanced elliptical machine. You were given a fair amount of picks in the budget category and while this machine does not fall into that category, its value is actually fantastic for certain people. This powerful elliptical is fully adjustable so anyone who uses it can set it up to their body’s dimensions.
Featuring six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs, this machine lets anyone get the best out of their own cardio workout. The machine will let you work your upper and lower body while burning calories and you can track it all on a very advanced LCD display that shows a number of useful data.
In addition to all the usual things you may expect from an elliptical, this machine also comes with heart rate sensors built into the handlebars allowing you to track your heart rate and not overdo cardio. This is really important for athletes or bodybuilders who need to make sure they don’t overdo anything so they could consistently train. The incline and resistance adjustability let you set up your workout the exact way you imagined it. This is the most advanced machine on the list and while it may not always be the best option for your bedroom, if you have a basement gym it will fit in perfectly.
Choosing The Best Elliptical Bike
Elliptical bikes come in many shapes and sizes. You can get one for anywhere between $80 and $2000 and which one you choose will depend greatly on who you are, what your aims are, what kind of a gym or home gym area the machine will be installed in etc.
While the more standard elliptical bikes will allow you a single setting and still provide for a good cardio workout, the more advanced elliptical bikes allow you to set all sorts of parameters such as incline and resistance.
Which Elliptical Bike Should I Buy?
It will really depend on your needs and your budget. As a beginner, you may want to go with something simpler like Exerpeutic Aero may be the best choice to put in your bedroom. As you progress you may want to save up for a more advanced elliptical though, especially as you start taking your training more seriously with time.
The ultimate choice will come down to you, but you should make sure you always get the best value for your money and also the right contraption for your own body. Getting a subpar product will just end up costing you, even more, when you finally decide to purchase the machine you needed the whole time.
What Is The Best Elliptical Bike?
After many hours of research and several product revisions of the years, we can with a great degree of certainty say the best elliptical bike is the Schwinn 470 Elliptical Bike.