It is that odd piece of equipment in that corner of your gym, you probably do not know what to do with. Actually, most people don’t. Most people, including you, cannot figure out how to use this equipment or what they to use it for. This is a real shame. This is because as long as you become conversant with this equipment, it will probably become one of your best gym equipment, if not the best. This will occur as long as you understand the power of this equipment.
The 5 Best Selling GHD (Glute Hamstring Development) Machines:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling GHD machines available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- GREAT FOR TONING GLUTES & HAMSTRINGS: Tired of leg curls, lunges, and deep squats? You may think you've plateaued, but that may not be the...
- Great For Cross Training: The GHD safely increases your range of motion so you can pump up your glutes and hamstrings. It holds you in place...
- COMPARE TO THE ROMAN CHAIR: Unlike the Roman chair, a GHD machine provides stability and support as you do sit-ups and back extensions. It...
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE: The GHD accommodates people of all sizes, including tall and short athletes. All you need to do is adjust the pop pins to...
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Our GHD is made from heavy-duty steel for greater durability and longevity. You can enjoy your glute and...
- Steel construction Roman Chair
- Perfect for home use
- 300-pound max capacity
- This Economy version of our H-PND offers all the benefits and stability of the H-PND at over 100 LB less in weight and significantly less in...
- 2" x 2" Steel tubing makes for a sturdy and firm frame.
- 6" Handles swiftly adjust to eight positions in 2" increment to cater to every athlete looking to strengthen their posterior chain and lower...
- Rubber feet on each corner prevent floor scuffing.
- (2) Spring collars and strap included.
- VERSATILE EQUIPMENT - This training bench can be used for a wide variety of abdominal workouts. It helps strengthen the lower back while...
- HYPEREXTENSION BENCH - The Marcy Roman Chair features a back hyperextension station that lets you position yourself correctly while...
- INTEGRATED PADDING - This gym equipment comes with high-density foam, padded handles, adjustable two-foam leg holders, and polymer...
- PREMIUM QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - Made with a sturdy, heavy-duty tubing frame with a powder-coated finish, this equipment is guaranteed to...
- GYM-AT-HOME EXPERIENCE - Whether you'd like to strengthen your core, ease back pain, improve your posture, or build your six-pack abs, the...
- Roman chair/back hyper extension supports abdominal, back, gluteus, and hamstring training
- Two by two-Inch heavy-gauge steel construction with a wide base to eliminate rocking
- Electrostatically applied powder coat finish
- Measures 36 x 46 x 25-Inch (height x length x width) assembled
- 10 Year frame warranty, one-year warranty covers all other parts
Now you are probably asking the question: what is this equipment shrouded in mystery? You don’t need to search any longer, friend. The answer is already in the headline of this post. Yes, you got that right. It is Glute Hamstring Development machines (GHD). Alternatively, the GHD is called Glute Ham Bench. The GHD is one of the most belittled, underestimated and underappreciated machines that can be found in a gym.
Though it may look like a piece of medieval equipment meant for torture, the GHD is a fantastic exercising tool to keep in your collection. It gives way for opportunities for doing various significant body-building exercises. On the norm, these exercises will be tough to duplicate if there is no proper exercising machine and training.
Initially, the GHD was designed for a restricted purpose. This seemed really silly as it was absurd for such a large machine to have a limited scope of functions. However, the purpose of GHD has been re-envisioned by experts who have sought it right to create different excellent ways to use the GHD. Cry no more, that big clunky equipment tucked in that corner of your gym is a very tool that will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Why You Should Buy a Glute Ham Developer
Before even thinking of starting GHD exercises, the first thing to put in mind is probably the reasons why you should bother getting a GHD in the first place.
GHD is one crucial piece of equipment for swimmers, athletes, and other skilled sports players. After all, the GHD was formerly developed to help professional athletes develop their hamstrings and glutes. Paying meticulous attention to your glutes and hamstrings is very important to you as a sportsman. It enables you to avoid sport-related injuries.
The hamstrings, in particular, are extremely important muscles that help in super movement, agility, and speed. Hamstrings, glutes endurance and strength are equally important. However, the importance of hamstrings and glutes is not peculiar to athletes alone. It applies to our regular lives as well.
You just cannot help but buy a GHD. This is probably because you need one. Though it may feel less tempting to purchase. After all, a GHD will never bulk you up as other gym equipment would. However, you need a GHD if you want to be all-rounded. You don’t want to just develop your biceps and neglect your triceps.
The 5 Best GHD Machines:
There are many GHDs, however, out of these many GHDs, only five are going to be reviewed in this post. Keep Calm as I review these machines. Trust me, these reviews are completely honest and credible. You might not find such elsewhere.
Titan Fitness is a brand that is dedicated to helping customers get their bodies ripped and toned. The brand’s Glute Hamstring machine is a prime example of revolutionary exercise equipment. The glute hamstring allows you to effectively master sit-ups back extensions, knee curls, and inversions. This equipment allows you to variate these exercises. With this GHD, you will surely build your endurance and overall fitness level. The Titan Fitness GHD is an incredible machine which you can get for yourself.
This machine is for cross training and fitness enthusiasts. Many people have added this machine to their daily routine.
This equipment is designed to isolate those problematic areas on your lower body. It is designed to isolate those difficult areas on your lower body. It will be a long lasting piece of your home gym when bought.
Structurally, the equipment is very flexible and adjustable. This feature enables it to accommodate different body sizes. Whether you are tall, short, fat or slim, this GHD is a perfect tool for you. It can also be used to strengthen several different muscle groups. It also helps to avoid back pain. One of the causes of back pain is the underdevelopment of the muscles due to its underuse. Thus, when these muscles are exercised, it greatly reduces the chances of future injury.
The GHD is made with a powder-coated steel frame. Also, it is balanced on legs that spread out at the bottom making a Y shape. This Y shape improves stability. It also has the feature of thick pads which are added for comfort. The pads also absorb the pressure of the body in order to lay comfortably on the device and target muscle groups. Lastly, the bottom of the frame of this equipment is attached to wheels. This feature makes it easy to move.
It also has a heavy-duty steel construction which makes it have greater durability and longevity. This GHD can stand the test of time. It also features a wide base to eliminate slipping. Also, it has a sleek design.
This GHD has a lot of good features. One of this feature is that the wheels of the bottom of the frame make it easy for it to be moved easily or store. This is a major advantage over other GHDs as most of the other models are bulky and weighty. They are in sharp contrast to this equipment. This feature makes its movement very mobile especially in the environment of a home gym. Many people tend to get this GHD in order to avoid getting back injuries. Luckily for them, with the Titan Fitness Exercise Machine, they do not have anything to worry about.
Just like the other models, this GHD has its share of bad. The assembly is not easy. Bad news!! It is one heavy piece of equipment and this means it is going to take a lot of time for it to be put together for production. However, sometimes good things take time to get in shape.
If you are looking for a GHD that will strengthen your lower back to perfection, isolate glutens and help develop hamstrings for superb definition, the Yukon Glute Ham Developer is the ideal equipment for this.
This GHD is also ideal for people who are budgeting. It is one of the less priced models of GHDs. Notwithstanding its low price, it is solid and offers a lot of advantages. Through the use of Yukon glute ham developer, you get a very basic machine but get your exercise routine effectively completed.
It may not come along with lots of bells and whistles, but it is solid in structure. It is not quite sturdy, but you get value for your money. Its pads, which are 8- inches thick are of top quality. The machine also has a built-in non-slip footplate. Its entire unit is adjustable as it accommodates various heights. Also, the welds are solid on the machine.
Some of the exercises done on this machine are hip and back extensions, hyper-extensions sit-ups, weighted hyper, medicine ball toss and catch.
However, this GHD has its cons. One of the faults associated with this machine is that it has lower quality pads. Another disadvantage is that it may not be suitable for some athletes. Athletes who are heavier in weight may not find this machine ideal.
The York Barbell is one GHD that meets the challenges of the present day’s athlete. It is a product of the York Barbell. The glute-ham bench of York Barbell offers multi-functional capacity. This enables the user to perform both the hamstring and lower back strengthening exercises.
The modular components of this machine make way for athletes to perform various exercises at one station. Simultaneously, it increases time and space efficiency. It also allows for coaches to monitor their athletes efficiently, through the use of York Barbell’s STS (Strength Training Series.
It weighs 102lbs. its height is 46”, width- 30”, and its length is 68”.
The multi-functional capacity of this equipment enables the user to perform both hamstring and lower back strengthening exercises. It features a twin pad design which maximizes user comfort and allows for adjustment to 29 horizontal positions accommodating for any size user. The knee pads and ankle stabilizer pads are adjustable vertically. The thigh roller pads are designed in such a way that user’s comfort will be maximized.
The transportation for this GHD is also next to perfect. It ships out within 1 to 5 working days. However, the problem with this product is that it is much pricier than other models.
My ratings for this product is 7.5/10
Click this link to check the pricing: https://www.amazon.com/York-Barbell/b/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_8085762011?ie=UTF8&node=8085762011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=York+Barbel.
If you are looking for the best GHD in the market today, CFF GHR surely deserves a second look. It is perfect for any cross-training gym or commercial. An increased squat lift, the building of a stronger lower back, reduced lower back pain and built strong hamstrings, a rock solid abdominal six or eight pack, these are the advantages that CFF Glute Ham Development has to offer.
If you do not want a flimsy, low quality and poorly manufactured GHD, you should definitely go for CFF GHD. It is right in height and shape to allow a full extension on a sit up. Being 72 1/4” length x 29 1/3 Width, the GHD base allows taller people to use the machine with full extension and feel safe doing so.
This GHD is also stout in steel construction. It is 2.5” x 2.5”. despite its joint bolt unit, it is neither weak nor flimsy. It is not weak because of its steel frame construction. It also has a durable matte black powder coated frame. Its foot plate has multi-adjustable foot support. It has handle above the foot rollers to assist you while getting ready to do a sit up.
It is a piece of excellent equipment for personal or commercial gym use. It can be used at home and equally used in fitness centers.
One of the disadvantages of this equipment is that it does need more space to use. It occupies a lot of space.
The Rep fitness GHD is one effective tool in building functional strength in glutes, hamstrings and lower back. Yes, nothing works like this machine. Studies have shown that developing these mentioned muscles reduce ACL/MCL injuries. It also helps in balancing upper leg muscles which are usually overdeveloped through squats, running and other exercises.
It may be from a less popular brand, but REP GHD has a lot of features, which some more popular brands probably do not have.
Though it comes partially assembled, the machine is built to be tough. It weighs a hefty 150lbs and measures 68x36x48 inches. It also has advanced features such as an oversized 21” x 15” footplate with both vertical and ultra-smooth, linear bearing horizontal adjustments, band pegs on the front of the unit and a step-up footplate.
Despite being strongly built; this machine is flexible. It is not difficult to get the type of adjustment you want. The padding is top notch. It only has a few minor indentations below the offerings between Rogue and York. Its footplate is relatively wide. The brand is completely sure of their brands to the extent that the warranty on this product is 90days.
The wheeled base lets you move the unit easily around your home or light-commercial fitness center. The step-up footplate also makes getting on and off, fast and safe. It is also a commercial grade quality. Its unit is made from heavy-gauged power-coated steel. The base allows for tall athletes to perform any type of exercise as it is long and relatively stable.
However, despite all these good reviews, there is one problem. Ouuch! There is no product without its share of problems. But don’t you worry, the problem is a minor one. It has to do with its transportation. Due to the smallness of the brand, the product might get scratched on the way of its delivery. That is if your transportation services personnel get rough.
How to Use a GHD:
Popular GHD Exercises:
There are tons of useful exercises you can do with the GHD. The GHD is not only the best way to perform Glute Ham Raise (GHR). It can also do the following useful exercises. Some of these exercises include hip extensions, Russian twists and GHDs sit-ups. The following are the highlight of these exercises:
- Keep Torso Beyond the Universal: Increasing the intensity on the hamstrings by not lowering your torso beyond the horizontal. The hamstrings get a short rest when the movement turns more hip-centric. If you jettison this, your hamstrings will be on fire, sooner or later. If you are in the search for hamstring hypertrophy, trust me, this is your turn. This exercise bumps up the “time under strain”, and this is a prerequisite for hamstrings hypertrophy.
- GHD Sit-ups: This sit-up is considered as the decisive abdominal movement. This sit-up has a terrific movement which puts the abs through a huge range of motion. It does this with intensity and speed. It also expedites the training of the hip flexors. The hip flexors are meant to work in collaboration with the abdominal muscles. A resilient core provides you with a stronger midline stabilization. However, if you want to do this, try to be conservative in your workout. You do not want to go sore the next day. so don’t try going overboard.
- Russian Twists: The GHD is the perfect equipment that allows you to do the “Russian Twists” exercise. In this workout, you bolt your feet into the foot pads, facing up and kink left to right while holding a weight plate at arm’s length.
- Reverse Hypertension: Another useful exercise to perform with the GHD is the reverse hypertension (it is also called “lower back movement”. It was propagated by Louie Simmons and Westside Barbell). This workout is done by being backward on the bench. In this workout, you hang your legs out on the hip pad area and grasp the vertical food plate with your hands. You use ankle weights or hold a dumbbell between your legs for resistance.
Using a GHD will make every other exercise you do outside easier. Most of the workouts done with GHD are enhancing workouts. They will expand your ability to carry out other moves. You can’t just afford to ignore GHD machines; especially if you want to continue to increase your workout intensity. You do not need some workout inducing pills to carry on with your workout session once you have a GHD. It can be said a piece of awesome equipment to build strong glutes. It is among the few of the best means to work out your hamstrings