Many of us can be too busy to find the time to fit in exercise routines at a gym. The answer to this predicament is a Power Tower. It is a freestanding home-gym that incorporates a pull-up bar stand. Included are other bars to exercise most of the major muscles throughout the body. Not only can you sculpt and build up muscle, but you can also lose weight, ensuring you maintain a healthy heart.
The 5 Best Selling Pull Up Bar Stands:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling pull up bar stands available for sale on Amazon.com. The list is automatically updated once a day.
- Exercises include push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups with multiple grip positions, tricep dips, and vertical knee raises
- Comfortable, secure, foam hand grips at push-up, pull-up, and chin-up stations
- Steel frame construction for solid support
- Non-slip end caps
- Assembled size: 49 inches long x 42.5 inches wide x 81 inches tall
- Vertical knee raise station for leg and knee raises
- Lat/pull-up bar builds powerful shoulders, arms, and back
- Push-up bars to help you build strong chest muscles and tone your arms
- Dip station develops your triceps as you increase upper body strength
- D-Frame base for enhanced stability; measures 58.5 by 46.5 by 83 inches (L x W x H)
- ✔️ Weight capacity: Suitable for 250 LBS, Max 330 LBS
- ✔️ Tough steel frame for solid support, ergonomic design for extra comfort, bigger & thicker forearm cushions and backrest
- ✔️ Easy to assemble and include toolkit, anti-skid comfort handle, chin-up pull-up push-up dip station
- ✔️ Single parallel bars, chin-up, arms support, vertical knee raise, main training abdominal muscles, arm, back ,chest, shoulders and...
- ✔️ Perfect for adults or children to grow workout, fitness enthusiasts and the elderly exercise, easily in home workout area, help you...
- 💪 Downloadable PDF Exercise Manual Sent By Email After Purchase, Multiple Exercises - Push Up - Pull Up - Knee Raises - Leg Raise -...
- 💪 Personal Trainers - recommend, use and approve the GoBeast multi-use station, taking it client to client for ultimate strength...
- 💪 Easily Build & Dismantle the freestanding exercise machine in less than 2 minutes ( NO TOOLS REQUIRED )
- 💪 Dimensions- ( Dip Bar Height = 1.15m ) + ( Pull Up Bar Height = 1.95m ) + ( Gap Between Inner Bars = 60cm ) + ( Base Dimensions...
- 💪 BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Get Your GoBeast today and start to tone up and sculpt your body with bodyweight workouts on 1 machine -...
- Handles have grips for non-slip workouts;Weight capacity: 550LB
- Made of oblate reinforced steel frame,Sturdy construction & step-up design
- Back cushion size:10.2"x 17.9"x 2.0",Arm cushion size:11.8"x 4.7"x 2.0"
- Dimension: 30.7"(L)x 42.5"(W)x 84.7"(H), Height can be adjusted from 64.6" to 84.6"
- Easy assembly;Training abdominal muscles,arm, back ,chest, shoulders and leg muscles
The 5 Best Pull-up Bar Stands:
Below we’ve ranked and reviewed the five best value for money pull-up bar stands.
A stand-alone home gym work-out station. This model includes knee raise, pull-up bar stand, dip and push-up stations. Made of steel tubing that’s powder coated, the assembled dimensions are 57L x 41W x 84H inches. Whilst the weight of the tower is 100lbs, the total weight capacity is 300 lbs. Assembly is required using the provided manual. This frame comes with a 90-day warranty if you register within 30 days of purchase.
It is a sturdy stand-alone all-in-one multi power tower and has everything you need to work the upper body. The base has rubber supports on each of the horizontal legs to add to stability. Starting at the base, this is where the push-up station has perfect handgrips for working the shoulders and chest.
If you prefer to tone the arms and lats, this is still the ideal pull-up station. Standing up, you can use your own bodyweight to your advantage. Great for doing chin-ups though the bar is set at 7 feet from the ground. The padded foam grips give extra comfort and the pull-up bar simply folds away when not needed.
One great feature of this tower is the vertical knee raiser (VKR). It has excellent padding for the back and arms. Using this works on the lower abdomen while keeping the back straight. Not only will it tone the mid-section and sculpture those ab muscles, but it also helps with weight loss around the waistline. Visceral fat refers to the unhealthy fat that collects around the abdomen and once there, it’s hard to shift. Once you understand the Dangers of Visceral Fat, you will know the time has come to get doing those work-outs with a branded home gym you can trust.
Weider is a trusted brand with over 25 years of experience in manufacturing gym equipment. The equipment takes the name of Joe Weider, one-time trainer to Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is a great multi-featured home gym that’s an economical buy. Ideal if you have a taller frame because the equipment stands high. The stabilizers prevent any serious wobbling, even for those at the heavy end in weight. You will need a space of around 60 x 30inches and high ceiling to position the gym station.
Most of the issues appear to be in shipping and assembly. It does have an easy to follow manual and should take one person around an hour. These are minor problems as missing bolts and washers can easily be replaced. One tip is to do all the tightening of bolts and screws last. Put them all in place, but keep them loose until assembly is complete.
A powerful free-standing home gym equipment set up. The bar-stations included in this pull-up bar stand allows you to use to do may basic exercises. This ranges from dips, push-chin-sit-ups to vertical knee raisers and more. The assembled dimensions are 49 x 42.5 x 81 inches, and the frame comes with a 5-year warranty, and a 90-days parts warranty. Feel confident with the non-slip caps on the ends of all the bar. Feel comfortable with the foam pads for ease of use. With a weight capacity of 250 lbs, the actual weight of the tower is 61lbs. For extra strength, it is made of steel tubing and comes with tools and a manual for assembly.
No need to hit the gym with this multi work out station in your own home. The full height of this home gym is around 6ft 10inches, taking up a small footprint area of approx. 3 x 4 ft. Though the station is a lightweight steel tubing, it remains solid when in use. Whilst it can have a slight wobble when you do your whole workout, it stays sturdy and upright.
The foam hand grips are on the free-standing pull-up bars, plus the bars for push-ups and chin-ups. It has all the right bars for sculpting and muscle building, including the all-important bars to enable knee dips and lifts. Develop a Full Body Workout and tailor it to your new home gym frame.
The slightly angled push-up bar, turns out the elbows to take the pressure from the shoulders. Such features show how well designed this station is. The raised pull-up bars aid in stretching the triceps and building up the chest muscles. Use the bar placed at the bottom of the station to help you reach the pull-up bar if it’s too high.
It is easy to assemble and if you lose your manual, you can download it from the Stamina website. Instructions are simple to follow and it should take around an hour. The tools provided are not too well made so you might be better to have your own set of pliers and screwdriver at hand. The padded grips can wear down quickly but they are easy to replace. This is a frame that will last for years
Solid frame built with 12 and 14-gauge painted steel, double gussets and welded seams for extra reinforcement. The assembled dimensions are 46 x 50 x85-inches, with a weight capacity of 300lbs. The capped ends of this 61lbs tower will prevent any damage to your floors. This is a versatile metal stand built for weightlifting, pull-ups and other training exercises. It is easy to assemble and includes the relevant tools with an instructions manual.
A multi-purpose power rack that can be used as a lifting cage and a weight station. Perfect for resistance training as it is a multi-tool holder, with 30-holes on each side for holding barbells. This home gym includes bar catches for helping with squats, curls and much more. The pull-up bar stand also makes a great anchor for straps, rings and resistance bands to work those abs for ultimate results.
This video below, on using CAP Barbell Power Rack, will help you use it to its fullest potential. There are so many uses to this simple framed rack/squat stand, and Greententljs shows us exactly what you can do on FaittB4Fitness.
With built-in attachments to anchor it to concrete, you can fix it as a permanent base if you prefer. This adds extra stability for power workouts such as muscle-ups and kipping pull-ups. Though it can be safely used as a standalone fitness station. Some reviewers find it can have a slight wobble if the workout is intense, but it remains standing solid.
Customers have added an array of extra equipment to this frame, including punch bags, bench presses, and weight sets. Though, if all you want is a free-standing pull-up bar, this is an ideal piece of equipment.
A versatile 3-station home gym, with varying grippers for exercising upper and lower body muscles. The pull-up bar frame includes press-up bars that are height adjustable, plus dip and leg raising stations. Capped ends on all the bars create a resistance to the frame slipping about. This is a heavy-duty steel painted frame with the assembled dimensions of 42 x 43 x 85.8 inches. Assembly is required for this 64lbs gym frame, with easy to follow instructions provided. For your added comfort, it comes with padded armrests and back cushion.
Manufactured by Body Champ with over 20-year’s experience in the fitness training industry. This sturdy multi-gym has three main workstations. The top one is a pull-up bar, with wider grips. You can also do chin-ups while working on your back and biceps. Also includes a dip station to work-out the triceps and a leg raising station for lower abdomen and quads. This workstation has the full range of bars to build up and tone the muscles in your whole body.
This is a stable workstation with very little wobble when in use, and for the low-cost, that’s a bonus. It’s lightweight so you can tuck it away in a corner and pull it out when needed. Though it only has a small footprint, the frame stands tall so allow more headroom for those pull-ups.
The wider grips on the pull-up bar are not suitable for everyone, but this does not stop the use of the high bar. For the taller person, you may need to lower your head when performing dips, so you don’t catch on the pull-up bar. On a similar problem, watch your legs on the backrest when doing pull-ups. These are not issues for everyone as we all do our movements in different ways. After a year of owning this multi-function home gym, one reviewer declared there is no wear or damage to his frame. Also, all paddings remain intact and no warping on the bars. On that note, this 3in1 home gym station is a good buy for a low price.
A versatile pull-up bar stand, with 25 different adjustable levels. Each level is spaced out at 2-inch distances, between 11.6-75.4 inches of the frame. A couple of bar catches are included, but you can add more as you progress through your training regime. The powder-coated steel frame has a 2 x 2 x 0.6-inch thickness, with a weight capacity of 550lb. The requires assembly, resulting in a workout stand of 3.6 x 3.9 x 6.9feet in total dimensions. This is a solid reinforced overhead pull-up bar stand, designed for weight and powerlifting
With this functional, solid squat rack, you will find it has multi-purpose uses, such as:
- The overhead bar is for pull-ups, chin-ups, squats, dip and, leg raising. Use your imagination because this is an ideal tool for bodyweight enthusiasts.
- The bar catches are perfect for curls, squats, deadlifts, and dips, making the frame a good choice for weight training buffs too.
- Add rings and straps to the frame as you become familiar with it, for even more versatility.
It is a stable frame but may rock a little with some of the heavier exercises. If you are adding plates it will make the frame even sturdier. Though standing at 6ft-9in, it may seem a little small for the taller person, so pick up those feet when doing pull-ups. If using barbells, the 7ft ones are the perfect fit. The smaller 5-6ft ones can also be used but they may sit more to the center.
The upright bars are double gusseted for extra stability. In addition, the metal frame has been treated with a protective powder coating. The lower settings on this cage are perfect for barbell rows, doing uprights, bicep curls, and shrugs. While the upper settings are ideal for overhead presses and squats.
Only one word of warning is that the assembly instructions are not very clear. It’s worth persevering because once the equipment is up and running, it’s a great piece of equipment at a very good price.
Pull-ups are one of the best compound exercises to test your stamina and strength. They are powerful exercises for the upper body, back, and biceps. By investing in a pull-up bar stand, you can be confident your equipment will benefit your health. If you have space, a free standing pull up bar is the ideal choice. Many of the pull-up stand models are more like multi-gyms, and you can do much more than pull-ups.
The safety aspect is a priority. Make sure that the equipment will hold your weight, it needs to withstand heavy vibration from your body motion. Make sure you know the maximum weight; that means the barbells and your body weight combined. Another important aspect to be aware of before you buy is the ceiling height of your equipment. You want to be able to lift yourself above the bar, so allow for that extra room.
Comfort is another consideration, particularly the bar grips. It’s better if they’re padded and strong, so they aren’t quick to wear out. At the very least the pads need to be replaceable. No point suffering painful blisters in your work-out. Also, check out the angle of the bars and make sure the equipment contours to your own body angles. For example, not all freestanding pull-up bars are ideal for kipping pull-ups. pull-overs and muscle pull-ups. You may want a stand that anchors to the wall or floor for these movements.
When looking to buy a power tower your main considerations should be:
- Height. You need to be able to reach the pull-up bar comfortably without having to jump up to it. That would have the potential to cause injury. You should be able to stand and reach the bar with your fingertips.
- Weight. Most especially if you are at the stage of weighted pull-ups. Make sure the frame takes your weight AND the added weights. Watch out for that maximum load.
- Width. Everyone has different widths on how they pull-up, but if you want to work on those lats, remember you need a good width on the pull-up bar.
- Lifting your whole-body weight takes time to master. That’s why having a stand-alone multipurpose pull-up frame in your own home is ideal. You can work on other parts of the body and make your way up to those ultimate pull-ups.
First Choice – free-standing pull-up bar
The best equipment for your personal use is dependent on what your health needs are. If you want a home gym such as the free-standing pull-up bars, then go for one that you can progress with. The CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand gives you the best of both worlds. Once you have mastered the powerlifting using your own body weight, you will be ready to progress to weight training. This pull-up bar stand offers the capacity to do both. You can further invest is some barbells and rings as you evolve. This will enable you to do a full body work out in the privacy of your own home.
Having exercise equipment at home or in the office means saving on gym fees, and working out anytime at your own convenience.
There are many full-body workout home gyms to choose from. When buying online though, you are not able to try them out and see how they fit your own personal training regime. That’s why we keep you up-to-date with our latest reviews, such as our article on Vertical Climbers. If you are in the process of putting together your personal home gym, this article covers it all, Best Home Exercise Equipment, Before you make any financial commitments, it’s always better to do some research. That way you have a better chance of buying the equipment that suits your personal needs.