High protein baked goods, like protein bread, is gaining popularity around the world with a renewed focus on a healthier lifestyle. It helps bodybuilders and other athletes take in more protein, per meal, to help build and repair muscle. If you’re going to eat bread as part of your diet or meal plan, why not get more protein in with each slice, instead of eating another egg or drinking another protein shake.
The 5 Best Selling Protein Breads:
The list below shows the 5 best selling protein breads currently available on Amazon for those who want the convenience of having it delivered straight to their door.
- 10g of Protein per Serving
- Low Carbohydrates
- High in Fiber, Low in Cholesterol
- All Natural, No Preservatives, No Artificial Ingredients
- Rich in Protein
- Kept Frozen until shipped for quality and freshness. Any bread that will not be used should be immediately put into the freezer upon...
- Comes with TWO packages of P28 High Protein Sandwich Bread, each order will include a bonus 7 Day Clean Eating/High Protein Meal Plan E-Book
- 28 grams of protein per serving
- 100% Whole Wheat
- All natural ingredients - Freeze or refrigerate upon receipt to increase product life
- Purchase from Merchant-Fulfilled only for the freshest bread and to prevent mold
- 30% Less Sugar than the average adult breads
- 4g or less Net Carbs
- 80 Calories or less
- 6g of Protein
- Offers protein rich and low-carbohydrates
- Pairs well with several spreads and toppings such as butter, honey, jam, jelly, tomatoes, ham, turkey, cheese, lettuce, and more
- Enjoy toasted or as is
- Product of Germany
What Is Protein Bread?
Protein bread essentially is a normal loaf of bread, with a higher protein count. It isn’t really possible to state exactly what is in a protein bread, because like most traditional breads they come in different types, but the extra protein is normally added on top of the traditional bread recipe. The extra protein comes in the form of whey protein, pea protein, soy protein, egg white protein isolates or the more protein-rich almond or chickpea flour. This all affects the taste and consistency of the bread.
When it comes to the healthier option, it’s always better to go for the bread without preservatives and artificial ingredients. You should also look for those which are high in protein and fiber, but low in carbohydrates.
Where Can I Buy Protein Bread?
If you can’t find protein bread at your local supermarket you should be able to find it at your local health food store. You can also find it at several online stores, like at Amazon, who will do same day delivery of fresh bread or have a bulk option which you can store for longer periods. These are normally more compact bread loaves which are vacuum packed. Buying it’s generally more expensive than normal bread, it makes sense to buy it in bulk and benefit from the bulk discount.
It’s relatively expensive but still a healthy and easy way to get in extra protein. As always make sure you research the ingredients of each protein bread to avoid buying a product which might be detrimental to your health or weight goals.