Running can be extremely fun and fulfilling, especially if it’s aided with a great pair of running shoes. Feet can vary so much and some of us have high arches, also referred to as under-pronator. There are specially designed running shoes for high arches.
- The 5 Best Women’s Running Shoes For High Arches:
- 1. BASICS Women’s Gel- Kinsei 4 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 2. Saucony Women’s Ride 6 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 3. Brooks Women’s Glycerin 10 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 4. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Running Shoes
- 5. CloudTech Womens’ Running Trainers
- The 5 Best Men’s Running Shoes For High Arches:
- 1. ASICS Men’s Kinsei 4 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 2. Saucony Men’s Triumph 10 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 3. Brooks Men’s Ghost 6 Running Shoes For High Arches
- 4. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080 V10 Running Shoe
- 5. OA Running CloudTech Men’s Running Trainers
- How to Pick The Right Running Shoes for High Arches
- High Arch vs Low Arch
- High Arch vs Normal Arch
- High Arch vs Instep
- What Kind of Running Shoes is Good for High Arches?
We’ve scoured the internet, searching on your behalf for a selection of the best running shoes for people with high arches.
The 5 Best Women’s Running Shoes For High Arches:
ASICS Women’s model of Gel- Kinsei 4 Running Shoe, similar to its male counterpart. It comes in bright vivid colors, bringing life to your feet and brightening-up any running outfit.
This running shoe for high arches is embedded with various technologies to make running a comfortable and enjoyable experience. An enhancement that automatically improves running performance. The guidance system has a deeply carved longitudinal (heel to toe) groove, promoting the right gait by guiding the foot throughout its natural center of gravity.
Adding to the flexibility of the sole unit is a lower midsole. This is designed to create comfort for runners with high arches. The heel clutching system helps to ensure a secure and customized fit. The Kinsei 4 running shoe for women is characterized by components to improve fit, comfort and performance.
- Made of synthetic and mesh material.
- It comes with a rubber sole to guarantee comfort.
- Impact Guidance System, enhancing the movement of the foot.
- The Guidance Line vertical flex groove enhances gait/movement efficiency.
- It has a heel clutching system, lending the running show a secure fit.
- The cuprothermo metallic film retains heat in cold weather and releases heat in warm weather.
Saucony Women’s Ride 6 Running Shoes come in bright, vivid eye catching colors. It’s been described as one of the lightest shoes on the market. The ComfortLite Sockliner is the key technology in catering to runners with high arches. This feature conforms to the heel, while providing additional support for the arch and forefoot.
It also provides the perfect cushion to support high arches. The SRC (Super Rebound Compound) Impact Zone technology gives the shoe stability and provides shock absorption. The PowerGrid technology allows for easy transition and increases durability in the midsole.
It has a HydraMax Collar Lining which helps to control moisture and prevent your feet from slipping and moving around in the shoes. The iBR+ Outsole gives additional cushioning and provides traction on any surface type.
- Made up of synthetic materials.
- Manmade sole.
- HydraMax Collar Lining to reduce moisture.
- ComfortLite Sockliners cradle the feet, providing arch support.
- Powergrid Midsole Technology enhances cushioning.
- SRC Impact Zone helps to reduce shock.
- iBR+ Outsole provides great traction and cushioning
The Brooks Women’s Glycerin 10 Running Shoes are not the lightest shoe out there but in terms of cushioning and comfort, it matches up well against the best. It comes with the signature Brooks DNA which provides excellent cushioning, allowing for great shock absorption. This feature lends the show a more responsive and flexible sole. The crash pad is full length, giving additional comfort.
The Omega Flex Grooves allow the shoe to flex freely without affecting cushioning while the midsole still offers that extra stability. The Heel Caterpillar Clutch cradles the heels allowing for a smooth transition from heel to forefoot. Its DRB Accel feature is specifically geared for runners with high arches. It’s intended to provide any additional support needed for high arches, ensuring a smooth transition from the midstance phase to the propulsion phase.
The environmentally-friendly full-length BIOMOGO midsole is made of non-toxic material. It’s also an award-winning midsole that gives superior cushioning, reducing any shock that’s usually felt during the propulsion and landing phases.
- Made of mesh material.
- Rubber soles.
- Omega Flex Grooves enhancing flexibility.
- Heel Caterpillar Clutch allows for a smooth transition from heel to forefoot.
- Full-Length Anatomical Brooks DNA provides excellent customized cushioning.
- Full-Length BIOMOGO Midsole reduces shock with superior cushioning.
- DRB Accel caters to high arches and creates a smooth transition between strides.
The return of the iconic women’s running shoe, with extra perforations helping to cool the foot. Made with synthetic mesh materials, allowing feet to breathe so the user can exercise in comfort. The stylish reduced tongue and slimmer heel-collar add extra comfort without compromising style. Enjoy the comforts when running at speed with a Flywire cable ensuring a snug-fitting shoe.
- Classic Swoosh design on slim running shoes with a reduced tongue for less bulk.
- Breathability perforations on the arches.
- Midfoot Flywire cables to prevent movement when running;
- Cushion ST foam fitting, along with contoured highly resilient sock liner.
- Heel collar fits snug around the Achilles tendon.
- Absorb impact with modified Waffle Pistons on the outer soles, for multi-surfaces.
If you’re looking for a light women’s running shoe, then Cloud has got you covered with a shoe weighing only 8.11oz. This award-winning design is practical and stylish. With state of the art technology, the zero gravity foam in the outer sole guarantees a cushioned landing. Add to that the SpeedBoard feature that ensures a soft landing at the front of the shoe. The molded heel fits snug to avoid movement whilst on the move.
Put these shoes on with ease, with the technology of speed-lacing. Wear these soft running trainers with no-sew taped reinforcement to the toe of the shoe. Stay fresh with breathable antimicrobial mesh materials.
- Zero Gravity foam.
- Speedboard assisted landing, while in a forward motion.
- Signature speed-lacing for slipping on and off with ease.
- Breathable and reinforced fabrics.
- Ideal for running on hard surfaces.
The 5 Best Men’s Running Shoes For High Arches:
The first thing that grabs you about these shoes is the bright, vivid colors that they are made in. Anyone would be delighted to run in ASICS Men’s Kinsei 4 Running Shoes. Apart from their colors, they have other noteworthy features. The biomorphic design is made using stretch materials, resulting in an excellent fit for your feet. This technology caters to the arches as the shoe adjusts to the shape of your feet.
Note: Version 4 may not be available for sale at the moment, but they’ve already brought out version 5 and version 6, available for sale online.
ASICS Men’s Kinsei 4 Running Shoes has Personalized Heel Fit Technology with double-layered memory foam to create a customized fit. A well-fitted shoe is crucial for enjoying a comfortable pair of running shoes.
Infused with a gel cushioning system that guarantees comfort with every step you take. ComforDry Sockliner technology controls moisture, ensuring no uncomfortable slipping of the shoe as you run.
Rubber soles provide a great grip. The midsole technology gives that needed cushioning, contributing to durability. The biomorphic design and the other technologies used in the creation of this shoe, help to make it one of the best running shoes for high arches.
- Made with synthetic fabrics.
- Rubber sole guaranteeing comfort.
- Biomorphic design for an excellent fit.
- Solyte Midsole Foam and gel cushioning for added comfort.
- Supportive heel clutching system for a secure fit.
A running shoe was specifically designed with normal and high arches in mind. There are many features of Saucony Men’s Triumph 10 running shoes to enhance your running experience. One such feature is its crash pad which has three pods, each responding independently to a movement that reduces impact and results in a smooth landing and transition. The Sauc-Fit and Powergrid technology does well to ensure a secure fit and provides cushioning for adsorbing impact.
The ComfortLite Sockliner cradles the foot comfortably and provides arch support while reducing pressure on the forefoot. With technologies on the outsole that provide great traction and additional cushioning. Running in a pair of Saucony Men’s Triumph 10 running shoes is guaranteed to a comfortable experience.
- Made up of synthetic and mesh materials.
- Synthetic soles.
- Redesigned crash pad to reduce impact.
- Powergrid Midsole Technology which enhances cushioning.
- Sauc-fit Technology which prevents slipping and keeps feet secure.
- ComfortLite Sockliner which cradles the heel and provides arch support.
- XT-900 and iBR+ Outsole provides great traction and cushioning.
Brooks is a popular brand for running shoes, so you won’t be disappointed when you try them. One of Anatomical Brook’s DNA is Brook’s Men’s Ghost 6 Running Shoes with the most noteworthy features.
These features include a customized cushioning which makes this a soft and bouncy shoe, ideal for smooth running. It also has Segmented Crash Pads which are designed to expand and provide shock absorption as the shoe impacts with the ground.
As an upgrade to Ghost 5, the midfoot shank has been removed, resulting in a flat sole unit. This assists in full ground contact from heel to toe, providing a smooth transition without injury or strain.
The overall fit of the shoe is very comfortable and snug. With additional padding around the heel and collar, it keeps the shoe securely in place and prevents uncomfortable rubbing or chaffing. Ghost 6 is a light shoe and provides a good balance of weight, cushioning, and everyday durability.
- Made up of synthetic material.
- It comes with a rubber sole.
- Anatomical Brooks DNA, providing customized cushioning.
- Omega Flex Grooves giving extra flexibility.
- Segmented Crash Pad to give the right amount of cushion stabilization for the heel to toe transition.
- Midfoot shank has been removed to facilitate a smooth transition.
Shoe uppers are made from a mixture of synthetic mesh and Hypoknit natural leather. This combination ensures a snug fit. Enjoy a softer landing with the Freshfoam X midsole. The 3D heel also assists by giving you a snug-fitting smart shoe. The rubber soles give a firm grip on uneven or wet surfaces, so you can keep on running and enjoy the outdoors.
This is a running shoe made for premium comfort. If you have a high arch, this ultra-cushioned lightweight shoe is a perfect choice. Though it has a specialist ortholite cushion insert, they are removable if you wish to change them. Choose from 7 different colors and tailor the size you pick from normal, narrow, wide, or even extra wide.
- Heel-toe drop 8mm.
- Leather uppers.
- Blown rubber outer sole with a 3D heel.
- Hypoknit uppers that stretch to your feet.
- Precision engineered Freshfoam X midsole, for ultra-cushioning.
- Ortholite insert cushioning that provides support and combats moisture.
Step into these men’s Cloud running shoes and feel the softness from the distinct blended material uppers. The antimicrobial mesh means your foot can breathe. Stay fresh while you enjoy an outdoor run. Slip these Cloud running shoes on and off with the signature speed-lacing design. It also ensures that your shoe stays in place.
The no-stitch reinforcement throughout the shoe, along with a reinforced toe, means your feet won’t slip around. Highly resilient shoes that will take all the pressure of movement. Along with a zero-gravity foam outer sole that means your feet will land in comfort.
With 9 colors to choose from, use these premium shoes daily as you run on hard surfaces, or travel throughout the city.
- Heel-toe drop 6mm.
- Cloudtec Zero Gravity foam outer soles.
- Speedboard technology assists in a smooth landing along with the molded heel design.
- Reinforced body and toe to stop the shoe slipping and ensure your foot grips as you land.
- Slip your shoe on and off with ease by using Cloudtec Signature speed-lacing.
- Breathable fabrics for dry, healthy feet.
How to Pick The Right Running Shoes for High Arches
If you have high arches you’ll need a shoe with ankle support to stop the foot slipping. Also, a wider sole to spread the body weight more evenly. A foot has hundreds of tiny bones and joints that are all prone to injury if you don’t provide it with that extra support. Your shoe needs to fit snug to the shape of the foot, using inner sole support if necessary. Shock-absorbing materials help to take the stress from the impact of walking and running.
High Arch vs Low Arch
If you have a low arch on the underside of your foot, then you have flat feet. Whereas a high arch, also known as cavus foot, is the complete opposite. It means the underfoot curves high, giving you little support. The wrong type of shoes will cause strain on your foot if it does not provide that extra support you need.
High Arch vs Normal Arch
With a normal arch, the weight of the body spreads across the whole foot. With a high arch, the foot will be supinated. This means that most of the strain of your body weight leans on the outside of the foot. It stresses muscles and joints in the feet and legs if extra support is not provided.
High Arch vs Instep
The arch of the foot is on the underneath and inner side of the foot. It’s positioned where the sole curves between the heel and the ball of the foot. If there’s a big curve it means a high arch. A high instep refers to the bone structure at top of the foot, from the ankle down to the big toe.
What Kind of Running Shoes is Good for High Arches?
If you have high arches then you need extra cushioning underneath your foot. This is because you need to support, and spread, the stress of body weight across your feet. Such shoes will also need a wider sole for added stability as you move.
If you don’t wear specialist shoes, your body weight will be lean towards the outside of the foot (overpronation). This makes you prone to injuries, such as Plantar Fasciitis, which could render you unable to walk for a while. You will also put a strain on joints in the legs and feet.
Exercise your feet as often as you can. Try using fitness equipment such as a mini exercise bike or jump up and down on a trampoline, and keep those joints supple. Or, you can do specific foot exercises for high arches that help to strengthen high arches.
All the training shoes we’ve reviewed have great features for those who need specialist running shoes for high arches. Saucony shoes are very affordable, often coming in at less than a hundred dollars. Don’t let this put you off though, they are a reliable brand providing a quality shoe. ASICS tend to cost more, even reaching over a couple of hundred dollars for some of their designs.
They’re well worth every dollar you pay for all that extra comfort, making their designs quite remarkable. Why do brands differ in price? Often it’s the materials used, making the cheaper shoe a little heavier than the lightweight expensive one. Whatever your choice, these shoes cater for runners with high arches. All having features to enhance your running experience. Buy the one that appeals to you the most, and hit the road running.
Bethebro is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.